Only $50 for 13 Hours of Effective Diploma Review
CHEMISTRY 30 LINKS:
Here are some links to online information to help you prepare for the tests and diploma exam in Chemistry 30. For "teacher' type info, the Alberta Education bulletins (Standards and Exemplars) are the best to look at. For practice questions, try Quest A+ and ExamBank links. Read the info paragraph first, so you can decide between the two.
- CHEMGUY.COM: Award winning Chemistry teacher who has placed complete Chemistry 30 and Chemistry 30AP course on YOUTUBE, in scrambled order. Although it costs money to get the links for the videos in order, if you register for any of the Abacus ExamPrep tutorials will get the link for free. The password link will be given to you in the Registration Confirmation PDF you receive when you complete an online registration for any subject. Click Here to see a sample YouTube video
- Alberta Education:
- Chemistry 30 Standards and Exemplars: These are very good documents for reviewing as it contains good examples of the style and level of questions on the diploma exam. Remember, this what your teacher is looking at to see what kind of questions to ask and teach.
- Chemistry 30 Recently Released Questions: These are the most recent released questions from the diploma exams. It's a very good idea to review these before the diploma or chapter exams. Teachers often use these as models for test questions.
- Chemistry 30 Information Bulletin: Though subject bulletins are mainly for teachers the document has some questions and examples worth looking at to understand how the diploma is presented. Links to important parts in the current document include: Topic Weighting of Chemistry Exam, Chemistry Diploma Instructions, Numerical Response Question Types, and Important Info about Each Unit/Topic in Chem 30. Also, you can look at the older version of the Info Bulletin (Archived) as it contains sample questions as well from the previous Chemistry 30 course.
- LearnAlberta.ca: Collection of subject information from Alberta Education. Must register online and will need Username & Password from your school. Your teacher or librarian will know it. (or Google search for it). To refine your results, search using KEYWORD = "subject of interest" Grade = 12. Provides links to videos, practice tests, and other resources. Useful for all subjects but it may be challenging to find specific topic materials. Other resources generally better.
- EXAMBANK: ExamBank is a national question bank with questions in a variety of subject from many provinces. It cost money to use the bank, but many school boards pay for their whole system to use it. Ask your teacher or librarian for the school's password (or Google search for a password)
- QUEST A+: Quest A+ is an online source for practice tests/quizzes/exams for a variety of subjects. It is provided free to Alberta students. Its questions are taken from Exambank.com
- Nelson Chemistry 30: Online Student Resources Website. Requires password, but any school who uses this book has free access. Ask your Chemistry 30 teacher for your school password or do a Google Search for "Nelson Chemistry 30 Student Password".
- ChemTutor.com: On-Line notes, examples and practice. Topics include Acid-Base and Redox (balancing using oxidation numbers)
- Chem Coach Tutorials: another site with many chemistry topics.
- Chemistry Coach — lots of High School Specific topics.
- High School Hub Chemistry — Great site with many links about Chemistry topics
- Tutorial on pH: The name says it all…
- General Chemistry — Need some review for previous concepts in Chemistry that you "never quite got"? Try this!
Additional Chemistry Links: Note — keep in mind that some of these resources are made for other chemistry courses and therefore may include topics and concepts that are not Chemistry 30 material.
There are numerous additional on-line resources and practice items placed there by Alberta Teachers of this course. A Google search will locate Explanations, Notes, Quizzes, YouTube videos, and many other items to help you understand the material in this and all you other courses. Search for: "Subject Name" "Topic" "Item Type* Alberta (*quiz, notes, video, etc.)
If you think you have found a great site for Chemistry 30 or one of the other diploma courses offered, be sure to send us the link: email@example.com